A friend of mine once asked me if you could send email messages to all your friends but to one friend at a time or specific to that person instead of using the BCC option. So here’s how:
- Create a database using your MS Access. Include all the information you want to include like surname, given name, nickname and email
- When your database is complete look for the “External Data” tab on your menu. Click “More” located on the “Export” group and then click on Merge it with “Microsoft Office Word”. (You may need to close and reopen your MS Access to proceed)
- Select what you want to do. If you already have a template, select the first one, if you want to start from scratch, click the second option.
- Upon clicking whichever option, you will be redirected to MS Word and a “Mail Merge” Wizard will open on the right side of the window.
- Just follow the steps located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On step 4 of 6, you will have an option to edit the a template and insert fields from the “More Items…” option.
You could preview your letter on Step 5 of 6 for each recipient.
- To send an email to all of the receipients, just click the “Mailings” tab and click “Finish & Merge” from the “Finish” group then “Send E-mail Messages” to send this specifically to every person on your database.